Friday, June 4, 2010

nostalgia

over the years LIFE has transpired. lately I have been reflecting on my passions. i could have been stoked on surfing with out ever having ridden or owned a velzy jacobs balsa in near perfect condition. however, after riding it, things seem different. i wonder if it wasn't just that particular session. i wonder how my future experiences on that board will shape my relationship with it.
my dad never listened to "the oldies" stations. i have been raised to "respect your elders". i do not have "route 66" memorabilia cluttering up my environs. i used to do airs and spins and tail slides on a thruster back in the 90's. i listen to slayer.
i just don't know...there is something about the aesthetic of beach life around mid century that is the TOPS!

No comments:

Post a Comment