Thursday, November 17, 2011

mega hodge podge!!!!!

my good buddy miles sent me these super epic texas day photos. he says "DIG THE PIG" : Rode the original flexipig that I got used from Gene in June for the first time for a full session (5 hours) this morning and it’s a blast and nose rides very well. 9.7 and like 28 lbs and flat as an ironing board but that and the 7-8 second swell made it pretty easy to catch waves. I think the fact that it’s only 9.7 made it easy for me to put it where I wanted in a hurry compared to the monsters I usually ride.







my good buddy andrew is having an art show in Oceanside Friday (514 coast highway) . Be there!!!!!!!



john cherry sent this to me via surfapig@live.com: "Hi Mike, I just posted a couple pigs I built for Japan. 3” chambered balsa stringers. The template is the same one I put together for Bobby Donnelly’s pig that we shaped just before I got your VJ to restore. If you recall, when I laid my template over your VJ, it lined up identically with the exception that my template was about 1/16” wider through the middle third, giving an ever so slight curve in the mid rail more so than the VJ. I love the template. BTW……I love your new Bing!!!!! Aloha Bro, JC"



andy byrne
sent this to me via surfapig@live.com: Hey Mike!Been lurking your blog ever since it popped up. Love the stoke sharing going on!So I did a craigslist swap this weekend. I ended up trading a 9ft Ryan Lovelace Pointer (which to begin with is a very piggish/chip outline) for a real deal Terry Martin 9'6'', 3.5'' double volan pig. This thing is MEAN. Probably weighs about 15lbs. Anyway I took it out at Porto yesterday for some chest high soft waves. I couldn't believe how well it rode. Plus I even got some cheater 5's in. I was a little worried that it would be a straight shooter boat. It couldn't be more of the opposite. Anyway, super stoked on it. It's the first pig I've ever owned and I think it will not be the last. Oink Oink. Here's a couple pics. Maybe you've seen it around. Andy www.theanchored.blogspot.com


a little departing shot from south of sliders:

No comments:

Post a Comment