Wednesday, February 8, 2012

catchin up!!

i'm so stoked on the contributions i get for surfapig! lately, i have been super busy surfing ,doing family stuff, and developing some math project. it has been a bit more difficult to get on here and feed this beautiful monster. it humbles me though...the inbox keeps filling up! thank you so much for the contributions!!! keep them coming!

and to think of it.... there is one update i wasn't able to make yet. hopefully i'll get to it soon. something about a big D a little D and godzilla.

on with the show!

chuck sent me this via surfapig@live.com: You'll probably love this one: (http://diariodeunchurfer.wordpress.com/2012/01/24/cosas-de-cerdos/) This is Ignacio "Chuk" Solis, and I'm a member of the Bing family. This board was sent to the Bing Dealer in Spain, Tablas Surf Shop, as a second hand deal, and I'm just giving a try. Pure fun!!! Nice to talk to you...Chuk


Nick sent me this beauty from stamps via surfapig@live.com: Hey Mike, I got a new one. Surfapig is great, I go back and re-read the pig discussions once in a while and I pick up something new every time. Nick


TIKI sent me this via surfapig@live.com:Hi Guys, I have a nickname called Tiki that I've had since 14 and there ar'nt many people I know who would know my real name, so when I got back to making a few boards again TIKI seasnakes was the choice and I decided to have a policy " don't ask me for a clear board ...I don't make em" and as I do all the work and I enjoy every bit of them. A great friend of mine over here ( australia) Roy Meisel , came out from California in !972-73 and brought with him a 1957 Velzy Jacobs 9 foot Balsa, when he arrived short boards were it, hardly anyone rode logs except Roy and a few of us on small days and as the years rolled on I always admired this wonderful board as it also surfed unreal....... so after all these years I took a template ,reversed it and made my pig, the result was fantastic , it would have to be one of the best longboards i've ridden and am hooked on the things, she's 9'7" x 23x 2/3/4 all tinted glass ( I don't do sprays) . I like "D" fins for looks but not for performance, I've used a fully hand foil shape of my own , not as deep as I would put on a log but the result was, with the shape and contour of the bottom, a full concave to concave V, it whips out of turns and is beautiful to drop n climb and down the line. I have seen other Pigs over here as they're getting to be popular with younger loggers and they do work better than most of the other shapes these guys were riding before so it looks good for Pigs, ah! if only Velzy could see the passion for these boards now. Keep up the great site guys and as I make em I'll postem .
Cheers TIKI




casanova sent this to me via surfapig@live.com: Gnar~ hey buddy boy just wanted to send a few pics to the piggy community. An old Santa Barbara logging mate came for a visit and we busted out my flexpig and McTavish pig for a summer slide. There is a new addition to my swine family currently being hatched and fresh pics to come. Casanova - over and out!!
stoked for you matt!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment