Saturday, October 13, 2012

birth of a paipo!

mike sent me this via surfapig@live.comMike, Not sure if you remember me or not, but my son Michael  and I stopped by your booth at the Boardroom last weekend and were chatting about Paipos and my Del Cannon board.  Well attached are a couple photos of the Dextra Paipo that I picked up a while back and the Paipo that John Culqui and I did for the Board Art Benefit.  I used the Dextra as inspiration for the board and an old Glassic shortboard for the foam.  The board measures 3’-10-1/2” x 18-1/2” nose x 16-1/2” tail x 1-3/4”.  It has double 6 cloth with a sand polish and a 5-1/2” mini slant “D” fin.  We called it “The Republic Star”.  It was a ode to California. Here is a link to the board on the Board Art benefit site,http://boardartbenefit.com/community/board-art-john-culqui/  . It was great chatting with you and very cool of you to help me out with my Del questions, I really appreciate it.  I hope the rest of the show was good. Thanks again, Mike Schoen











thanks mike! super rad!

No comments:

Post a Comment