Sunday, May 27, 2012

weber pig!

Bill Hall sent me this via surfapig@live.comHi, I have a 1960 Dewey Weber Pig  --- would you like me to send some pics of it for your site ?  Bill.  for which i replied " yes please!" he then sent me this:  Hi, Here are a few pics of the Pig --- Dewey's son said 10 plus years ago that it was a 1960 board due to fin location, pre red logo and it being a pig -- ??? as you can see it has had a hard life. It has a 5 stick stringer -- Balsa center then looks like yellow high density -- then redwood then more red high density on the outside --- big fat stringer -- phantom logo  and original (restored) checker board fin. I have had it for about 15 years. If I had more energy I would love to strip the volan off her --- bring that stringer back to life and get it back to its former glory --nice dream anyway. Let me know if you need some more info (measurements etc...) and thanks for the interest in my board.  Bill Hall



i love the shot above, you can really get a sense of what "shaping" was back then. they didn't think in terms of rocker. i'd be curious to know when "rocker" became part of a shaper's vocabulary.


No comments:

Post a Comment